Every parent has at one point or another confronted the unsightly problem of excess snot in their babies’ tiny nostrils. As we all know, the majority of children will get multiple colds during their early years, and as parents we want to provide them with quick and painless relief. Traditional bulb aspirator are not as effective as we wished they were and are known to be upsetting for young babies and make the whole ordeal quite difficult. NoseFrida The snotsucker Nasal Aspirator was invented by a smart Swedish Doctor to solve these problems. It may seem a little strange, but it is 100% hygienic thanks to the four filters that are included in every pack and it actually works as intended.
The tube of the NoseFrida doesn’t enter the nose of the baby, therefore, there will be no injuries from the babies sudden head movements and no irritation, like you might encounter with a normal aspirator.
- It is recommended to spray some saline solution in each nostril to soften and loosen the mucus to prepare for the NoseFrida
- The disposable filter helps prevent any transfer of mucus or bacterial transfer, it should always be used.
- Put one end of the large tube on the nostril and the other end in your mouth.
- You must now gently suck through the red mouthpiece to extract all the mucus. You can try moving the tube in circular motions to extract more mucus. Your confused baby will not understand what is happening but before the baby has any time to put up a fight, the snot will be inside the tube and their nostrils will be able to breathe freely once more.
This may not sound like the classiest way to remove snot, but who said parenting was dignifying? The moment your baby can sleep peacefully once more will vindicate your sucking battles with the mucus.
Cleaning the NoseFrida is very straightforward also, simply detach all of the separate pieces, and throw the filter away. You must clean everything, except for the long thing tube, with hot water and soap, or put them on the top-rack of a dishwasher. In order to wash the long thin tube, you should use a few drops of rubbing alcohol and shake it until it is dry.
Common questions and answers
Why is NoseFrida better than other aspirators?
NoseFrida is non-invasive – instead of going inside the nose like the bulb, it forms a seal with the outside of the baby’s nostril (creating a vacuum). Parent-powered (mouth) suction is much stronger and more effective than the static suction of the bulb or battery-powered aspirators. NoseFrida is also easy to clean.
Will Nosefrida make me sick?
No. Clinical studies have proven that the hygiene filter prevents mucus and bacterial transfer from child to user.
Can I suck too hard?
No. NoseFrida is safe to use on newborns and preemies. There is no risk of sucking too hard.
Is NoseFrida made of safe materials?
Yes, NoseFrida is made of non-allergenic, latex-free, BPA-free, and phthalate-free polypropylene. It is manufactured in environmentally-conscious Sweden.
I took the tube apart for washing and now it won’t stay attached.
The tube must be pushed firmly until you hear it snap into place. There is a groove inside that holds the pieces together.
Does NoseFrida the Snotsucker come with filters?
Yes, it includes 4 filters – 1 pre-loaded and 3 extras
- NoseFrida must be kept out of reach of children. Do not forget that it is not a toy.
- NoseFrida should only be used for nasal aspiration.
- Never blow hot air into the tube when attached to a child’s nostril.
- NoseFrida should never be hooked up to any type of machine.